Pages

Saturday 15 January 2011

First Week Back...

So been back a week now and have to say its been a tough week! I found it very hard to leave family and friends after such a lovely Christmas. Its very difficult to explain as people immediately assume that because you are in an amazing city with an amazing apartment life is easy...not always the case. I feel like the luckiest person ever to be able to have this experience but I have found it at times very lonely and going to be trying even harder to network and expand my group of friends this year - even when work is crazy busy.

So my first week I think the best way to round it up is...They say it comes in 3's...


1) Airport madness


It must have been a surprise for O Hare airport that people from outside of the US were arriving! My flight was amazing I actually got to sleep really well although wasn't impressed with the films and food choices! Then... I walk from the plane to get through immigration...BANG the queue was halfway around the airport! I waited 2 hrs to get through immigration. I wouldn't mind but when I actually got to the desk it was the shortest entry interview I have ever had.


2) Broken Screen
It only got worse. I got back to my apartment over 2 hrs later than planned to find that my laptop (a.k.a my life in a box) had broken - the screen has completely gone. Therefore my entire Monday was taken up with ringing around different places to see if they could fix my computer. In the end I went to Best Buy and bought a completely new laptop.

3) Realisation that men are indeed from Mars

Match.com man turned out to be a loser...aren't they all. I can't seem to find a guy who is able to to communicate their feelings like an adult human being! Is it too much to ask someone to just be honest! Anyway won't go into too many details but needless to say my guard is well and truly back up when it comes to men...unless of course Michael BublĂ©  becomes available and that is whole different story! And girls I am well and truly certain that men are the same no matter where you are!


Ending on a high!

After all that I thought the week was well and truly a right-off especially with Carrie out of town and the brief appearance of snow but as luck would have it I made a new friend - Molly -  who is sooo lovely and spent Friday with her and a group of her friends. We had so much fun and I introduced her to the wonders of Sambuca! Those wonders came back to haunt me today though! I have had the hangover from hell. Luckily a trip to Maccy D's and a home cooked spaghetti bolognaise brought me back down to earth (p.s one was dinner and one was lunch - no need to join USA Biggest Loser's just yet)

Looking forward to starting this week on a high and get back to healthy eating - boot camp at 8.30am tomorrow morning should do the trick! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment