Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

Celebrating St Paddys in style

Although its not officially St Patricks day I had an amazing day celebrating it yesterday! I have been waiting soooo long to see them dye the river. Its the coolest thing. They dump loads of the dye into one section of the river and then use small boat to speed around in and stir it all up. Then it gradually spreads down the whole river.
We started the day out on a boat tour. Think the idea was good but it turned out to be so cold that all we did was drink to try and warm up - they also had free food...potatoes and corn beef.



Can't say I rated the Bloody Marys all that much though...



Next it was on to Harry Carry's. This is where the party really started to hot up. Bloody Marys (good ones) were flowing as were the cheap, tacky accessories...



Next on to D4s the Irish bar and we move on to the beers...not quite sure how many, but I was assaulted by a leprechaun (and I have the proof) so may well have been around the 4 bottle mark!!


Not sure who this is but he had cool fake glasses.
So 4th stop....Bull and Bear. This was a much younger crazy crowd and we only stayed about an hour. No evidence from this place - although probably a good thing!

5th stop - the best decision of the night...Mastros. However, this was definitely my downfall. Our next choice of tipple a gorgeous bottle of Red Wine 'Flowers'. The food was out of this world and the hotty behind the bar made our night - although not sure I'll be able to show my face in there again.


The most amazing cocktail - it bubbled away throughout the whole time I drank it!

Last stop of the night - by this time I'm barely standing! Pops. I feel we ended it in absolute style - with a gorgeous glass of champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment