Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

My first ever 'Shamrock Shake'

As with all festivities the US do not disappoint in the run up to St Patricks day! The highlight will be the dying of the river on Saturday but in the background the buildings have all taken on a green glow and the shops are selling tack galore! Green bangles, hats, necklaces. I'm of course going to completely indulge and get involved with everything, I think its great!! Not only does this mean I am going to indulge the 7Eleven shop owner by buying said 'tack' (they have cute little headbands with shamrocks on!!) but I've gone all out and even splurged on a SHAMROCK SHAKE.

What could this entail I hear you ask....well here you go:


McDonalds have created a mint milkshake in celebration of St Paddys (they do it every year I'm told) and I have to say its delicious! Although present me anything with a cherry on top and I'm happy!!

Have to say UK....the US have won me over with this one!

1 comment:

  1. Rach!! I found your blog! how exciting! and... what are you doing in Chicago? super cool that you have a blog, will be sure to read it! I have started one myself http://glendafors.wordpress.com/ about Sweden and the whole stepmotherhood thing.

    Good luck! Hope those Americans don't spoil your cute Essex accent!

    ReplyDelete