Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

Where did the week go!

This week went by in an absolute blur! Mainly because I was ill and also because of work. Been doing crazy hours but its all worth it in the end of course!

Lots of things have been going on in the background that I didn't even know about, plus you always know when somewhere becomes more like home because you stop appreciating beautiful things around you. I had some of the girls over and they were in LOVE with my apartment. Its not that I forgot how amazing it is its just its my home now! Then there are the beautiful things around me. I have my top buildings of course like the Hancock or the Tribune but it was only this week when walking along in my own little world that I really stopped to take in the sights around me. That was when I realised just how gorgeous the Bloomingdales building is (how sad am I...instead of having a top 5 guy list I have a top5 building list...and Bloomingdales has made the cut! The only comfort is, its not laminated!)

It used to be a Medinah Temple, and used to be hailed by some as a threatened treasure but now houses some of the hottest brands and products lol!



It was also Restaurant Week in Chicago this week...that's probably the one I'm most upset about missing!!
Its created by the Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau (CCTB) and is Chicago’s celebration as a world-class dining destination. The promotion runs for ten days with prix fixe lunch and/or dinner menus at more than 200 restaurants throughout the Chicago area . Going to see if I can get in sneak in a reservation tonight or tomorrow.

Last but not least....we have a new Mayor now in Chicago! Tuesday this week was the Mayoral elections and Rahm Emanuel was the victor! He has obviously taken this role on with clear intentions... for example Thursday night with courtside seats at the Bulls Heat game!!





 I'm back on form now for sure! Partying tonight and tomorrow girls night to take in all of the Red Carpet Oscar's dresses!! Woop! Love love love both Anne Hathaway and James Franco (who is hot!)


No comments:

Post a Comment