Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Englishgirl in New York!!!!

So my 3rd day in Chicago and thankfully I am starting to shift this horrid cold. Still have not had a chance to put my clothes away – the flat is becoming more and more untidy as the week goes on and work piles up! I may attempt tonight however I still have work to do and Hell’s Kitchen is on which is absolutely hilarious! How much abuse can Gordon Ramsey throw at these poor American chefs! My boss is coming to stay this weekend though to better get my arse in gear!

Anyway, this week has been pretty mental so far. We have some big website changes going live on the brand site on Friday so it’s been a case of ensuring the client is happy here, briefing in the changes to the guys in the UK before I go to bed and then praying when I get up that the work is done. It is quite a good test of organisation, as if you don’t get something briefed in before bedtime here, then it simply won’t be done by the morning CT time by the team in the UK.

It is nice being able to be here for the clients though. I have had a little taster of how they must feel when they need some information and we are all tucked up in bed at home! The 6 hr time difference in that way can be a blessing and a curse all in one!

So, I haven’t really stopped at all this week! I think it’s going to be interesting this weekend. I haven’t had a chance to meet anyone new here outside of work so it may be a bit lonely. I have mentioned to a couple of girls from one of the agencies that maybe we could do drinks at my place but we’ll see. I’m definitely going to try and investigate some other ‘grocery stores’ and maybe pop to the shops....a little bit of Urban Outfitter me thinks! Plus, I am going to see if I can investigate some social groups so I can meet new people.

I have to say though each day I have been here I have had something that has made me smile. Whether it’s a crazy taxi driver singing and clicking to the radio or the guy in the grocery store who as soon as he heard my accent thought I was amazing (the song ‘Englishman in New York’ comes to mind’).. and after showing me where the sugar was, just stood by me until I had to say...”thanks I’ll be OK from here!!” Bless him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment