Pages

Monday 27 September 2010

First day

Would you believe it! My first day in Chicago and I am ill! I think its some kind of sick revenge as I was the only one in the UK office that hadn't had it. Although I reckon I caught it off of some germ ridden buggar on the plane!

So after landing I headed straight to my apartment and it's just as good as I remember. Did all my calls back home - gave mum a tour of the apartment via Skype and made her feel sick!! And then went investigating supermarkets...or 'grocery stores' as they are called here.

Wow, I have never seen so much food in a small place. It was amazing. Plus, they have a little rainforest spray show which happens every 15 mins over the fruit and veg to keep it fresh! The first time I heard it I wondered what the hell was going on.

One thing I must admit i struggled with strangely is buying milk. You know how they say everything is bigger and better in America! Well when it comes to milk thats so close to the truth its unreal. It took me forever to decide which milk to get and then to get one smaller than the actual cow which produced it was the next feat. Eventually I found a small one which seems to taste ok?? A learning curve indeed!

I am very concerned about food and eating here. I love love love food and it is so easy here to eat. In the grocery store they have a fried chicken counter, a ribs counter and cakes are literally as you walk in!!! I will be strong however! I am cooking as I would back home and hoping I can resist becoming so fat I no longer have a chin or neck!

Need to try and conquer the flu though as the apartment is a tip! Two suitcases still in the middle of the floor!! May just be a lazy arse and leave it until the weekend.

So for now...I am heading off to indugle in an American version of Lemsip and Dancing with the Stars! May not go for the 11 hour sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment