Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Back Stateside via Toronto

So finally back in Chicago and I can't believe I forgot how amazing this place is, I love it. Especially at the moment. I feel like I have come back to a completely different place! Everyone is out on the streets, all of the restaurants have their rooftops and patios open, the beaches are packed!



Unfortunately I didn't have a great start back however. I went via Toronto on this occasion, (which is a great city! Its very much like Chicago in its own way) and the woman who checked me in with air Canada put the wrong baggage labels on my suitcases. Lady...do I look like my surname is Dalcin and that I'm heading out to Fort Lauderdale...I think not!

The weekend was spent therefore borrowing stuff and having to wear my glasses as i had packed all of my lenses in my case....BIG LEARNING CURVE! For all of you naive travellers (much like myself) be sure to always carry essentials with you. My carry on bag will forever be like my first aid kit from this day forward! Oh and a tip for all you ladies, if you go into Nordstrom and even buy 1 thing from one of the makeup brands they will pretty much do your makeup for the evening. My savior was called Brittany who works for  LancĂ´me (however I did then spend a ludicrous amount of money!)

Still managed to have a fabulous weekend thanks to the gorgeous Carrie (not Bradshaw). We spent Friday evening with friends at the Cedar Hotel - the patio there is great and lots of cute guys!

Then Saturday sat all day on the terrace of the Palomar and had a great night out (bit of a bar crawl)

  1.  Sushi Wabi
  2. Emerald Loop - corner of Wabash and Wacker (not so amazing - bit quiet!)
  3. Rockit (always a favourite)
  4. Benchmark (by this time anything would have been amazing - nice place though!)
  5. Maccy D's (you gotta do it!)

So all in all a pretty good week! all that's left to do is send my receipts to Air Canada to get them to pay up!

No comments:

Post a Comment