Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

U.S Post Office!


So I had my first experience with a U.S Post Office last night. 2 words...SCARY but EFFICIENT!

The lady was a little forceful but really helpful and the whole experience pain free. I'm still not sure I understand exactly how it all works  (Priority, Express etc) but my advice to any new visitors is just go straight up and ask - they'll soon put you in the right direction and of course tell you if your doing anything wrong!

Plus, they are not like Post Offices in the U.K and close before you leave work, they actually stay open up until 6pm, so you stand half a chance of getting there after work hurrah!

Must admit however I heard the most hilarious story recently from a close friend who said that she went into a Post Office just after she moved here and had put the wrong amount of stamps on a letter. When realising what she had done she remarked (in the usual U.K sarcastic humour) "Silly me, must have put too much vodka on my Cheerios this morning!!" The Post Office Worker was extremely concerned (not realising she was being sarcastic) and asked if she was in fact an alcoholic!!! Classic...I do miss the British humour!

No comments:

Post a Comment