Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

My first Gay Pride!

Today I got to experience my first Gay Pride parade in Chicago. It was so much fun...

Started the day off at my friend Dawns for mimosa and yummy pastries (also learnt that you're not able t buy alcohol before 11am in the States (well at least Chicago)...sorry alcoholics!!)

We then made ourselves look as colourful as possible with beads, topped off with cowboy hats and we were all set! Luckily we got a spot right at the front so was able to take some great pictures:









The thing I found the funniest is that every big brand has a float: Walgreen, United, Macys. My sceptical side feels that these brands aren't necessarily that supportive of gay rights but that this is all just a publicity opportunity! This was my favourite of the bunch:



Also had my second celebrity spotting...good ol Fernanda



The only criticism i had of the whole day was the gap in between the floats. That was until I came home and discovered that vandals had attacked the floats last night and slashed a lot of their tyres. WHY DO SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO RUIN IT FOR OTHERS. All i can say is you didn't win as everyone there had a great day and there was lots of support all round!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Tires-Slashed-on-Chicago-Gay-Pride-Parade-Floats-hate-crime-124563044.html


The End!

Me with my free condom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment