Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Taste of Chicago...weather!!!



Every year Chicago hosts the Taste of Chicago, an opportunity for all of the restaurants around Chicago to promote their businesses to the locals and allow them to sample their cuisine.

As I was heading out to Los Angeles for the week I wanted to try and give it a go before it closed (Sunday 3rd). My friend Cathy from work said she would tag along and considering the weather all day I thought it would be a lot of fun (in my head we could sit out in the sun with a glass of wine sampling some foody delights). The Chicago weather however had different ideas! As we walked over to Grant Park we spotted a deadly rain cloud which after about 25mins of walking around decided to completely soak us. It was only a short shower but we decided to call it a night. We’d had some great food and only had a couple of tickets left (you buy tickets which you exchange for food – 12 tickets for $8)

The restaurants we tried were:

Vermillion – the yummiest mango dusted fries with tamarind sauce

Adobo Grill – Churros

Arya Bhavan – A vegan Indian restaurant…I got the vegetable samosa

Carbรณn – Mexican restaurant I had the chicken tacos (best taco I have had for a while!)




In hindsight leaving when we did was the best thing we could have done as it turned from the Taste of Chicago Food to Taste of the Chicago’s bad weather. Not only did the sky turn grey and the heavens opened it started hailing ice-hails the size of golf balls in some areas! I honestly thought (sitting up in my 32nd floor apartment) it is like the film The Day after Tomorrow!

Hail that fell in the Little Village neighborhood of Chicago

 



No comments:

Post a Comment