Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

Best way to meet new friends and have fun!


Last night, I bit the bullet and decided to try out a 'Meetup' group I've been a member of for a while (but been too scared to attend). I was so nervous going on my own, but SO SO glad I did. Not only did I have a fantastic night, but made some really lovely new friends, some of which are even close neighbours!

The event was a boat tour out on the lake, finishing off by Navy Pier to watch the fireworks (which they do every Wed and Sat). It was really great, not including the massive wave that descended upon us as we cruised the lake - thank god I was wearing jeans! By the end of the night I was wet and wind swept but didn't care because the company was so great!
Blurry as hell but such a beautiful skyline - I ^ Chicago

Before the wave flew over the front of boat and drenched us!!

Hmmm mega wind swept!


If  you are new to Chicago I would highly recommend this! http://www.meetup.com/20-and-30-somethings-chicago


Perfect end to the night!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel, I like your blog - I'm a bit jealous though, it reminds of how much fun it is living and working in another country! Scott:-)

    ReplyDelete