Pages

Sunday 31 July 2011

Street Festivals...Taste of Lincoln Avenue


In Chicago in the summer they have lots of street festivals which is such a great idea! I'm honestly not sure if we do the same in the U.K? If we don't then we should!! We have a little french/farmers market near me but that's about it as far as I know (besides the big festivals like Glastonbury, V Festival etc).

So the street fest I went to is called Taste of Lincoln Avenue - takes place in Lincoln Park between Fullerton and Wrightswood streets. The entrance fee is an optional $10 which goes to charity - so if you wanted to be tight, you could go for nothing!

There are bands, food, bars - everything you would need for a fun day out! I went with my friend Jamie and what started as a 1-2 drink day ended up with beer, sangria, shots you name it...FUN!




I would definitely recommend if you are new to Chicago to attend one. There are so many people there and if you are confident person I am sure you would make friends.



So, highlights of the day...I tried my first ever corn dog PLUS a deep fried Twinkie! You would not believe what they were offering deep friend! Twinkies, Snickers and...Oreos!


Corn dog...yum. Basically a battered frankfurter!



Me and the deep fried Twinkie!


Example of the U.S healthy food on offer...

Could you possibly deep fry any more!!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment