Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

Milwaukee weekend with the girls

Just got back from a fabulous girly weekend in Milwaukee. I went with my friend Cathy and friends I have met through her from running.

We drove up on the Saturday, picked up our race packets and headed to the hotel (Pfister Hotel ) which was gorgeous.


After settling in we headed down to Summerfest via the AMAZING Milwaukee Art Museum (designed by Santiago Calatrava).




Summerfest was fun. We ate, drank and listed to music! Plus the weather was beautiful:




Plus I got to try my first ever Chimichanga


In the evening we went to a fantastic restaurant...Roots. If you ever visit Milwaukee this is a MUST do! However little tip...if you are staying at the Pfister stay clear of the Bloody Marys unless you haven't eaten!!


Unfortunately, the reason we went to Milwaukee... The inaugural 10K Summerfest race was AWFUL. It was the most poorly organised race I have ever done and I ended up having to walk half of it. Just seen online that more than 15 people were hospitalised!!



We saved the best until last... on the way back we visited the Mars Cheese Factory. Well, after all Wisconsin is well known for its cheese.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment