Pages

Sunday 10 October 2010

2nd week report!

So 2 weeks down and definitely a lot easier now. Although I am still spending a lot of time on my own (shopping, exploring etc) I have also got some really nice new friends.

Mainly the girls from the agency, who have been so lovely and really made me welcome. My SJP friend invited me out last night to Small Bar on Fullerton & Southport. Her boyfriend plays softball on a Saturday and then him and his friends head down here for food and drinks. Plus, last night was the USA vs Poland international football or 'soccer' match!

It was really good fun! As always everyone was so friendly. The drinks and conversation flowing! I was also really chuffed as one of the guys who had been down to the Marathon shop gave me a free 10.10.10 Marathon running jacket he got given for free.



I went down to the Marathon today and it was great...however I felt for the runners, it was so so hot (up to 80 degrees Fahrenheit!). However, it was also so inspiring and I am (dare I say it) looking forward to my marathon in the UK next year!





I have also been investigating running clubs and Nike run one 3 times a week so I am going to try this out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment