Pages

Friday 8 October 2010

My first Root Beer Float



I had my first experience of a Root Beer Float today and it was nice. I was a bit dubious as I really don't like the Jelly Belly Root Beer beans but it was really nice...tastes a bit like Dr Pepper but not as nice!

To make a Root Beer Float you need:
  • Root Beer (preferably A&W)
  • Ice cream
  • Vanilla vodka (optional)!!
Apparently the drink was originally created/discovered back in 1874 by someone called Robert M Green, in Philadelphia. The traditional story is that, on a particularly hot day, Mr. Green ran out of ice for the flavored sodas he was selling and used vanilla ice cream from a neighboring vendor to keep his sodas cold!!

Ooh notice in the background of the pic the 'Cool Whip'...another discovery today. Its basically like a whipped cream but a bit thicker and very very sweet. They often use this on pancakes etc. A pot full of heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment