Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

Amazing cupcake shop. And the craziest weather ever!

As well as catching up on some work this morning I had a really lovely, relaxing Columbus Day.

I met my friend Carrie for lunch at a really nice sushi restaurant, just round the corner to me Oysy. They do a very reasonable lunch menu for $12.

She then introduced me to an amazing cupcake shop today...Sprinkles! It's located just between Michigan and Rush, which is only a 5-7 min walk from my apartment, goodbye diet!!

I had the coconut vanilla cupcake and Carrie had the chocolate banana one both very yummy! I will definitely be returning!

Strange end to the day, I spent the afternoon at my apartment and when I looked out the window I thought something very serious had happened! There was huge clouds of smoke engulfing the city. I immediately googled the latest news to discover it was in fact fog! According to the news:

Winds forced the lake's cooler temperatures -- in the 60s as of about 5 p.m. -- and moist air inland, where it was in the lower 80s. The result: A thick fog that was expected to linger into the evening and head south. This type of weather pattern is more typical during the spring.

I got some amazing pics...


You can't even see the lake!

...or the river!




Plus this one from the news looks even more like a fire..! Looks like a scene from a movie.






No comments:

Post a Comment