Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

Making friends...

It is so hard when you move somewhere without already established friends! I am quite a chatty, upfront person and so I don't often fine it hard to find friends but you have to really put yourself out there in a new city. The people I work with are lovely but they are a little bit older and have families etc. Good news is I have made very good friends with the girls from one of the agencies who are so so lovely. One of the girls is the spitting image of Sarah Jessica Parker (all time style icon of the 90's/00's). We all went out for tapas and drinks last night and we chatted just like I would with my friends back home...gossip, crazy tales you name it! Don't get me wrong I desperately miss my best friends back home (sis and Vic) but I feel happy now I know I have lovely girls to go out for drinks with.

I keep getting told I need to investigate the neighbourhoods outside of 'Downtown' which I really want to do, but not alone. There is a social night in Wrigleyville this Friday but not quite sure if I have the balls to go alone...watch this space~!

My SJP look-alike friend has invited me to go and check out the Farmer's market this weekend which I am really excited about. Also the Chicago marathon is on this Sunday PLUS no going in to work Monday as its Columbus day...

Columbus Day first became an official state holiday in Colorado in 1906, and became a federal holiday in 1934. However, people have celebrated Columbus' voyage since the colonial period. In 1792, New York City and other U.S. cities celebrated the 300th anniversary of his landing in the New World. In 1892, President Benjamin Harrison called upon the people of the United States to celebrate Columbus Day on the 400th anniversary of the event. During the four hundredth anniversary, in 1892, teachers, preachers, poets and politicians used Columbus Day rituals to teach ideals of patriotism. ...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day

No comments:

Post a Comment