Pages

Sunday 10 October 2010

Exploring Lincoln Park!

I decided it was time to venture out of 'Down Town' this weekend so I went exploring over at Lincoln Park. The weather has been crazy hot this weekend so it couldn't have been a more perfect time to explore and go walking!



Every Saturday there is a Farmers Market on Lincoln and Clark so I went there in the morning to meet a friend, although got completely lost! Ended up walking over a mile out of my way I swear! Anyway, we had a look around all of the stalls, its nice to see how busy it was; people still opting to buy farmers fruit and veg over the store stuff. I bought this amazing pear tart from a new bakery....$6.50! It was lovely but not quite sure it was worth that! Also tried some amazing freshly squeezed/made apple juice.



Next in my adventures was the Zoo....my new favourite place! It costs nothing to go and the animals are amazing...the best by far was the Polar Bear. It's the most amazing creature. If you come to Chicago this is a must and its very easy to get there. Just take the 151 from Michigan Avenue.




   







No comments:

Post a Comment