Pages

Thursday 14 October 2010

Running clubs are a great way to meet new people!


Went along to the Nike Run Club tonight. It starts at the Nike Store on Michigan and you can choose to do 3, 5 or 7 miles. I opted to do the 5 miles. I ran with two really nice people. Kathy who ran the marathon for the first time on Sunday and decided to drop off after 2 miles tonight. Then there was Howard, who also ran the marathon - it was his 30th!!! He ran with me the whole 5 miles and kept me company. He was really lovely.

When you get back to the store they have treats for you. Tonight they had Lunar energy bars and oranges! Apparently last week they had pizza and lots of stuff to motivate the marathon runners! I will definitely be running with them again next week.

I also signed up for the RAM Hot Chocolate 5K tonight which is taking place on the November 6th in Grant Park: http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/raceinfo/. You get an amazing goody bag with a jumper and chocolates galore. It was $45 to register. Its more if you want to do the 15k.


FYI Its a great way to meet new people!

1 comment: